Services / About us
Through a structured process utilizing tools such as community mapping, Venn diagrams, affinity diagrams and secondary research we can assist organizations gain a more nuanced understanding of a community’s context.
We can provide experienced community facilitators to realize group interviews, semi-structured interviews, lead workshops, conduct brain storming sessions, ranking exercises and participatory evaluations to discover root causes and opportunities.
HSP strength is creativity supported by experience. Utilizing information from the assessment and investigation stage, we begin generating project concepts and develop proto-type test projects as well as research existing models for adaptation. Through the iterative stage we repeat design cycles to adapt and improve project functions according to experience until a project is deliverable.
Evaluating root causes and opportunities, we can help explore new concepts and link with existing approaches to establish realistic indicators to achieve goals and produce measurable outcomes.
Turning ideas into action through planning. HSP can assist in creating organizational structures and administrative process to realize time sensitive actions in productive and culturally appropriate fashion.
We provide accompaniment throughout implementation cycle to provide design services in the adaptation and adjustment of planning.
It is less expensive to alter a plan at the beginning then at the end. Therefore, monitoring is a critical component during the entire project life cycle. Constant verification ensures that projects continue to advance as planned. Evaluation ensures that expected outcomes are delivered and continue being of value.
Managing threats and incidents are a critical component to ensure projects results are delivered to target population. If need for changes arise, manage any proposed changes in scope, budget, chronogram etc. are registered and evaluated.
- Organic Greenhouse and Rediscovering Native Agriculture (Apr-25-2013)
- International Women's Day 2013: A Dedication to the Women of AMA (Mar-09-2013)
- New Designs Bring New Opportunities for House of Design Pixan (Feb-21-2013)
- New Steps for the New Year with AMA's Health Team (Feb-06-2013)
- Alternative Gifts Catalog (Dec-19-2012)
- AMA in Peru: (Dec-12-2012)
- Expanding the Opportunities of Empowerment Across the Americas (Dec-14-2012)
- Nutritional Classes Begin with the Arrival of AMA’s New Health Team (Nov-24-2012)
- Women Artisans Receive Marketing and Commercialization Training (Sep-19-2012)
- Combating the Western Diet (Aug-17-2012)
AMA organizes Women’s Circles in the Highlands of Guatemala and Peru
This program will reduce infant and maternal fatalities through an innovative community model
A unique service-learning program specializing in academically relevant cross-cultural opportunities with First Nations communities of the Americas. Current opportunities in Guatemala, Peru, and Arizona